05 October 2010

30 minutes to kill. Go.

I've got a little less than thirty minutes until regularly scheduled Tuesday maintenance is over. In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, every World of Warcraft server goes down for a few hours Tuesday morning for a scheduled maintenance period and is unavailable until 11:00 AM Pacific time, which of course is 2 PM here. This is a bit of an annoyance, because I came to the library and set up my boyfriend's laptop (which I have sort of adopted as my own, as he has done with my iPod) specifically in order to level my new orc warlock, Roxzan. Roxzan is a name I created based on Roxanne, which has fairly recently (over the last year or so) become my favorite name. In fact, if I have a daughter, I plan on naming her Roxanne Nicole. The name Roxanne means "dawn" in Persian, or something like that, but I don't like the name Dawn. With my genes and the probable father of my future children's genes, there's a high likelihood my children will all be brunettes, and Dawn seems a more appropriate name for a blonde. I don't know why Firefox seems to think "children's" and "blonde" are misspelled. Forgive me if this post rambles a bit, I'm really just writing a stream of consciousness thing until WoW's back up. Anyway, I think I must have pulled a muscle on my left side, right under my arm, near my ribs, because I feel a constant yet faint pain in that area, and at times there is a sudden jolt of pain that hurts like a sonofabitch. At any rate, it's better than yesterday when I had recurring, violent hiccups all day long, from right before my Spanish class at 11 AM until right before I went to bed at 12 AM. My other problem today is that I have been extremely tired. I totally passed out in Humanities II today. Of course, nobody really gives their full and undivided attention to the art lectures, because they're just not as full of information as other lectures, but I usually pay a fair amount of attention because I'm actually interested in art. However, I guess Rococo and Anti-Rococo art are enough to put me right to sleep. After that class I went to the student union, fell asleep there too, and almost decided I was too tired to go to Tae Kwon Do, but changed my mind at the last minute. I almost wish I hadn't. My shirt today was rather low-cut, and in the techniques we were doing today we had to grab each other by the shirt. I was originally paired up with my instructor, but he switched me out with a guy. Gee, I wonder why. I felt a little creeped out... I mean, why was he looking there anyway? Nah. The guy's got a wife and kids, he probably just didn't want to embarrass me or do anything that might have seemed inappropriate. He's a respected martial artist and a Christian (not that being a Christian means much in the way of sexual morality these days, if you'd watch the news) and I'm sure he just didn't want to accidentally facilitate a wardrobe malfunction. I really wish we didn't have to partner up with a different person every time. I would rather work with my friend Jamie. She's so cute and funny and she goes to conventions too, if you can believe that. Ugh. Oh God, the guy who just sat down at the next table over smells awful. It's not B.O. per se... I think it's his feet or something. Ew. I've only got about five minutes, but somehow I just know they're not going to have Firetree up exactly at two. It's funny, the names of all the realms have something to do with the story behind the game, but I have yet to find out just what Firetree and Moonrunner (the realm my boyfriend and my friend Matt made their Alliance alts on when Firetree was down for a while) have to do with lore. I haven't encountered it in-game yet, so I guess I'll just have to look it up on WoWWiki. Well, I think I'll go get a turkey wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be honest. Brutal, even. I don't give a shit.