14 September 2010

My "getting stuck" sense is tingling.

     I've tried to start blogs before, but I always end up abandoning them after the first or second post. It may be for a logical reason (I don't have time) or an illogical reason (who would be interested in my life?) But often it's simply because I get stuck. I run into a day when I honestly haven't a clue what to write about, and I let that day be the last day I even look at my blog. I write a sentence, delete it, write a different sentence, delete it, try to make a list of things that piss me off about the world, delete it because it's too cynical, write about my day, delete it because it's boring... that sort of thing. I'm going to honestly try to keep this blog going, because it's good for me. I haven't done any non-school-required writing, other than the occasional poem, in quite some time, because most of my free time has gone into other pursuits (i.e., playing World of Warcraft.) See, a blog is a good way to organize my thoughts and feelings and possibly share them with anyone that might be interested. That way, when I go to my weekly counseling meetings, I don't have to try to sort out my tangled-up issues and take up Dr. Hayden's time when he could be talking to me about what I'm actually there to talk about.      In other news, comic books. What's up with them? They hold this strange appeal for me and I can't really understand why. I have no sense of nostalgia regarding them: I only read Archie comics and related material as a kid (Casper the Friendly Ghost, Josie and the Pussycats, etc.) I had no interest in superheroes (except for the Powerpuff Girls) until my little brother started taking an interest in them. I prefer mostly Marvel comics and heroes because their stories involve more science-y stuff. Peter Parker, Bruce Banner, and Reed Richards, other than all having alliterative names, have another thing in common: they're all either scientists or, in Parker's case, a science student. By contrast, Superman is a being from another planet who works as a newspaper reporter, and Bruce Wayne is a billionaire playboy. Characters like that just don't hold as much interest for me. I like science. I get Bs in it but I like it.
Song of the moment: "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be honest. Brutal, even. I don't give a shit.