23 September 2010

Today is a day for poetry.

Here are some poems I wrote. The first one is written for my boyfriend. It's called Above and Beyond.

I was looking for someone who wouldn't tear me apart
And you put me back together.
I was looking for someone who wouldn't hurt me
And you healed me.
I was looking for someone who wouldn't treat me like crap
And you treated me like a queen.
I was looking for someone who wouldn't make me sad
And you made me happy.
I was looking for someone who wouldn't take advantage of me
And you were generous and giving.
I was looking for someone who could speak with proper grammar
And you were the best conversationalist I've ever met.
I was looking for someone who wasn't dirty and scruffy
And you were a work of art.
I was looking for someone who wouldn't make fun of me
And you complimented me.
I was looking for someone who wouldn't ignore me
And you paid close attention and discussed things with me.
I was looking for someone to fill the void
And you stopped up all the leaks in my heart.
I was looking for someone I'd at least like
And I love you.


This one's a little different. It's called Chamomile.

Warm and quiet,
Light surrounds me,
Fear is dispelled,

Walking in dreams.
Heartbeat slows,
Stress has no place here,
Gentle caress,
Softly smiling.

I'll post more poems as I come up with them. These are fairly recent ones: most of my old poetry comes from the mind of a person I'm very glad not to be anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be honest. Brutal, even. I don't give a shit.